What is DiscourseNet?
DiscourseNet welcomes all discourse researchers. We understand Discourse Studies as a field studying social practices of meaning production in the entanglements of verbal and/or non-verbal communication. Discourse researchers mobilize theories and methods to account for objects at the intersection of language, power and society.
DiscourseNet has existed since 2008. Members of DiscourseNet meet in regular congresses, conferences and summer schools. Coordinated by a Board, DiscourseNet helps create and pursue research activities across disciplines, countries and languages. It runs various publication outlets and it has created this web platform.
Please always make sure you are a registered user of this portal and that you keep your account up-to-date (see the login button at top right).
DiscourseNet was constituted as an association at the General Assembly on 14/09/2019 in Paris. The General Assembly has adopted the DiscourseNet founding documents (pdf) with two amendments and elected the representatives for the next two years. DiscourseNet is coordinated by the DiscourseNet Board. DiscourseNet e.V. was registered in Amtsgericht Fürth, Germany (VR 200493) on 29/11/2019.
DiscourseNet is a non-profit association whose members manage their affairs bottom-up. DiscourseNet does not pursue any commercial objectives and this webpage can always be used by you free of charge. However, some essential services such as maintaining this website and keeping the organizational flow active, require some financial help from the community. DiscourseNet members pay a fee of €30 per year, which will support our activities. We welcome everybody to support and join DiscourseNet!
As a DiscourseNet member, you
- are allowed to participate in the three to four DiscourseNet events taking place every year;
- can benefit from the networking, mentoring and other support from the DiscourseNet Board;
- can submit your work to the DiscourseNet Working Paper series, get feedback and discuss your work at one of the events;
- will be listed in the membership directory;
- are invited to participate in the General Assembly where objectives are decided and representatives are elected;
- can get support with engagement in discourse-related initiatives (including organizing conferences, projects, publications and building/maintaining research networks).
If you want to join DiscourseNet, please write a message to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, email address and professional status (e.g. PhD student, professor, independent researcher) and any ideas that you want to bring to DiscourseNet. We will then be happy to get back to you with further information on how to sign up.
We have prepared the following payment options for you:
- allow a regular and automatic Direct Debit through the attached form (which includes two copies, one for us and one for the account holder). We consider this the best option for all bank accounts in SEPA countries, which include EU, Switzerland, Norway, UK etc. Account holders can cancel any payments made to DiscourseNet within 8 weeks.
DiscourseNet 2019 Year-End Letter (31/12/2019): Link
Invitation to join DiscourseNet (11/11/2019): Link
Candidate team for the upcoming elections (07/09/19): Link
Invitation for a Skype conference for those interested in DiscourseNet activities (31/08/19): Link
Announcement of DiscourseNet elections (16/08/19): Link
DiscourseNet Survey (07/08/19): Link
Announcement of DiscourseNet association (15/07/19): Link