DiscourseNet seeks to connect discourse researchers across continents and across disciplines. For this, our webpage https://discourseanalysis.net/ is of vital importance. It allows you to share your information, subscribe to our newsletter, create and participate in groups, engage in our seminars and reading groups, do professional networking and get the latest updates on conferences and jobs in the field of Discourse Studies.
We offer our services to the community for free. But, to keep the website running, we need some money from membership fees and donations by the community. Next year will be especially critical for us. The website requires important technical updates, for which we need to raise 4,000 €. If we do not manage to raise these funds, our webpage will have to be shut down by the end of 2023. This would be a major blow to all DiscourseNet activities, which are based on sharing knowledge and supporting networks.
There are two ways in which you could help us. You can make a simple one-time donation. Or you can become a DiscourseNet Member. Please use the DonorBox on our webpage: https://discourseanalysis.net/DN
If you want to make a donation to help us maintain our community webpage, please include “DN Webpage” in the DonorBox commentary field.
Becoming a member is the best way to support our activities in a sustainable manner. Members also have some specific advantages. For instance, members …
- can participate in all DiscourseNet events taking place several times every year, such as the DiscourseNet and ALED congress, the next one taking place in Valencia in June 2023!
- can publish their work in the DiscourseNet Collaborative Working Paper Series.
- can benefit from the networking, mentoring and support for research projects from the DiscourseNet Board.
- can get support with engagement in discourse-related initiatives, including organizing conferences, projects, publications and building/maintaining research networks.
- can get peer support from our new DiscourseNet project proposal group.
So, if you enjoy the manifold DiscourseNet events and the infrastructure that we build to support the discourse studies community, please consider supporting us either with a membership or a donation. Your help matters!
Your DiscourseNet Board
- Inicie sesión o registrese para enviar comentarios
- 82 vistas