After a dynamic reception of proposals for the coordination of panels and workshops, the call for participation in all working sessions of the 2nd International EDiSo Symposium - Discourses and Societies on the Move (Coimbra, 18-20 June, 2015) is now open until 15 March.
We very much welcome your contribution to any of the 18 Thematic Panels, and/or your active participation in any of the 9 Data Analysis Workshops, many of them coordinated by EDiSo members, or in partnership with social science research centres -- among them, the University of Coimbra Centre for Social Studies, CES, http://www.ces.uc.pt . If you feel your contribution does not match any of the proposed lines of debate, you may consider presenting your proposal for an open-theme session, or as a poster. Also, if you belong to a research group, you might want to participate in one or more of the three planned Research Group Roundtables.
All relevant information is available at the EDiSo website, http://www.edisoportal.org, under the Simposium 2015 menu, but here are some specific links:
- CFP: http://www.edisoportal.org/simposium2015/2cfp/convocatoria
- Instructions for participation and submission of proposals: http://www.edisoportal.org/simposium2015/2cfp/propostas
- Thematic Panels: http://www.edisoportal.org/simposium2015/2cfp/paineis
- Data Analysis Workshops: http://www.edisoportal.org/simposium2015/2cfp/oficinas
- Posters: http://edisoportal.org/simposium2015/2cfp/posters
- Roundtables: http://www.edisoportal.org/simposium2015/2cfp/mesas
- Symposium registration: http://www.edisoportal.org/simposium2015/inscricao
All proposals, except participation in the Research Groups Roundtables, must use the .doc submission form provided at the EDiSo site.
A limited fund is available in the form of small grants to help with travel and accommodations for postgraduate students who may have difficulties covering all expenditures. If that is your situation, please mark the corresponding box on the proposal submission form, and also please state in your email message that you are applying for funding support. This information will not affect proposal evaluation. If our funds cannot cover all requests for support, grants will be distributed randomly.
IMPORTANT: The language used in any given Panel or Workshop description does not condition the language(s) used for contributions. Proposals may be accepted in any of the working languages within EDiSo.
Again, the deadline for submissions is 15 March, 2015. We are counting on you in Coimbra!
Até lá! ¡Hasta pronto!
Coordenadora de Organização do II Simpósio EDiSo
Luisa Martín Rojo
Presidencia de EDiSo