The International Journal of Marketing Semiotics & Discourse Studies, celebrating its 10th year in operation, is an open-source, double blind-reviewed academic journal that covers a wide spectrum of interdisciplinary research streams, spanning:
- Conceptual approaches to the 5 P's by drawing on different semiotic (Peircean, structuralist, post-structuralist, sociosemiotics, cultural, textual, visual, multimodal) and discourse analytic (CDA, MDA, CMDA, HDA, psychoanalytic discourse analysis) perspectives.
- Cultural consumer research
- Semiotically informed and discourse analytic methodological frameworks for conducting research into packaging design and competitive packaging analysis, new product development, product/service/retail branding, brand identity development, brand equity, pricing, advertising, IMC development and competitive analysis, consumer behavior (offline and online).
- Comparing and contrasting existing marketing research conceptual and methodological frameworks with semiotic and discourse analytic ones.
- Cross-disciplinary approaches on marketing research issues that combine semiotics and discourse analysis with perspectives from the social sciences and the humanities, such as anthropology, literary studies, psychoanalysis, anthropology, rhetoric, sociology.
The International Journal of Marketing Semiotics & Discourse Studies welcomes both conceptual and applied academic research, but also provides a forum where agencies may publicize case studies of projects they have undertaken for clients.
The closing date for submissions to the rolling, all-year-round issue Vol. X is December 15th 2022
If you are an academic researcher or an agency in the field of marketing semiotics and you wish to contribute to the International Journal of Marketing Semiotics & Discourse Studies, please send your papers to: