Theme | Programme | Registration | Travel Information | Publications | Organisation | Other languages | DiscourseNet
Three formats for DNC3-ALED contributions
- Individual paper presentations (20 minutes presentation plus 10 minutes discussion).
- Panel sessions (usually 60 - 90 minutes on one theme). We also welcome suggestions for roundtables, workshops or more unconventional panel presentations. Please specify the form in your abstract.
- An ad-hoc “unconference” will be organized on one afternoon. The sessions are not planned in advance. Instead, all participants will have the opportunity to put sessions on the agenda during the congress itself. Participants may suggest topics, methods, theories, questions, problems, etc. No preparation necessary. For more information about the unconference format, see: http://unconference.net/unconferencing-how-to-prepare-to-attend-an-unconference
Abstracts of no more than 250 words should be submitted through the conference registration tool (see below) by September 30th 2018. Click here for submitting your abstracts. Please do mention all information concerning your presentation (especially if there is a specific panel you want to be in, the languages you are familiar with, any remarks concerning payment etc.) in the 'comment' field of the registration so that we can plan the panels. You can update your registration at a later point in time with your login details and accepted contributors will need to upload their preliminary paper by the 31st of July 2019. Your registration for DNC3-ALED will not be complete until you have received a confirmation email upon payment of the registration fee. Accepted participants will have to pay the conference fee by 15th of June 2019 at the latest.
- In your submission, please indicate (i) your preferred format (presentation/panel session) and (ii) your preferred language(s) for the presentation in the comment field.
- Abstracts for presentations and panels can be submitted in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian or any other language.
- For any language to be represented at the congress, we need a minimum of ten accepted presentations in that language. If less than ten presentations in any one language are accepted, these papers may be presented in English or French.
- For the ad hoc “unconference” no abstracts need to be submitted: simply register as a participant and turn up at the session with an idea, question, topic, method, concept, project, etc. Contributors will need to respond to the needs of speakers of other languages.
We invite all presenters to embrace the complexity and vibrancy of a multilingual conference. That’s why we ask all participants to provide their paper or an extended version of their abstract (3 pages minimum) through the conference registration tool by 31 July 2019.
If you want to make a panel proposal for DNC3-ALED, we suggest you get in touch with your friends and colleagues as soon as possible. Panel proposals should comprise at least three participants. All panel participants will need to submit their abstracts on the webpage individually before the registration deadline (30/09/2018) including a note of the panel name and panel leader(s) in the comments fields. The panel leaders will then send an email to email@example.com with the following information: proposed panel title, name(s) of panel leader(s) including contact email, list of people who have submitted paper proposals with paper titles, choice of language. Proposals for presentations can be made in any language and for a language to be accepted as a conference language we will need at least ten accepted proposals. All panels will be allocated to a language stream. A panel will normally be held in one language and no more than two. All abstracts will be reviewed individually and the panel will be formed from accepted contributions. Every panelist will have to make special efforts to address non-native speakers (including multi-lingual powerpoint presentations, speaking slowly etc.).
Please keep the following deadlines in mind:
● Submission of panel proposals (with all participants, titles and abstracts) as soon as possible but no later than September 30, 2018 (20:00 CET) to http://dnc3.sciencesconf.org. Please send an email with the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Submission of individual abstracts for individual papers and joint session papers: September 30, 2018 (20:00 CET) through the conference registration tool.
● Notifications of acceptance for individual papers will be sent on December 15, 2018
● Preliminary version of conference contribution will be expected on July 31, 2019. Please send your paper to email@example.com .
Early bird registration fee until March 15th, 2019: 80€ (reduced fee for unfunded researchers and students: 30€). If you wish to participate in the social program, add 30€.
After March 15th, 2019 the fee for the congress will cost 100€ (reduced fee for unfunded researchers and students: 40€). If you wish to participate in the social programme, please add 30€. Deadline for normal registration is May 15th, 2019.
The conference dinner is included in the registration fee and will take the form of a buffet on the 12th of September at 19:00.
Please note that there is a limited number of places for participants who do not present an individual paper or participate in a panel. These are distributed on a first come, first served basis. Although no abstracts are required for the ad hoc unconference, all attendants (paper presentations, panels, unconference, non-presenters) are required to register as a participant.
Please transfer the registration fee to the following bank account from Euro bank accounts. Please note that we don’t accept fees if there are bank charges.
For euro-based transfers, please use the following bank account:
IBAN: DE80 1203 0000 1001 1963 18
Bank name: DKB Deutsche Kreditbank
Bank address: 14460 Potsdam, Germany
Please include the following message in your payment: DNC3ALED NAME + FIRST NAME .
For transfers from other currencies, you may wire the registration fee via Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please be aware that we are not able to accept any bank charges or exchange losses.
We recommend you to register in two steps:
1) To follow DNC3-ALED and all DiscourseNet events in the future, we recommend you to register here right away. You will then be able to receive information related to this event and be informed about future events. Updates about DNC3ALED (programme changes, evening events, etc.) will be sent to registered users.
2) In order to submit your abstract (by 30/09/2018) and the paper (by 31/07/2019), you will need to go to the conference registration page. Panel proposals need to be sent to us by email (by 30/09/2018).
Do get in touch with us if you have questions: email@example.com